Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 40

    Shabu shabu

    January 7, 2023 in Japan ⋅ 🌙 6 °C

    I had come back from mt Fuji a little too early so I thought I would try get a spot at Starbucks overlooking the crossing to speed some time.
    It was very busy at that time and took 20 mins or so to get a coffee and then I was unable to find a seat. I waited behind a family who was sitting at the window and looked almost done on their coffees but they were not even interested in the crossing with the whole family spending all the time on their phones.

    At dinner, it was a little awkward at first as we went to the wrong restaurant for the booking of 6:30, then by the time we got to the correct one we were thinking about when our allocated timeslot went until, it was supposed to be 8:30 leaving and if we should order before Nathans old friend and her friend arrived.
    Once they had arrived though and a few drinks it was a lot better. The friend sat at the table with the kids and me and helped walk through how to do the shabu shabu.
    We ordered beef chuck, beef flank, pork butt and pork rib. It came out in 8 little trays with roughly 4 pieces per tray.
    The twins didn't want to eat pig butt even though I explained that's what ham is they were a little worried about it.
    It was really nice food though, had heaps of mushrooms along with it and by the end we had half our bowls full still.
    Read more