Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 42

    Shopping Harajuku

    January 9, 2023 in Japan ⋅ ☀️ 12 °C

    It was the Pilkingtons last day so I headed around to their place and tried to give a hand with packing using some vacuum bags from Daiso.
    We got them checked out and the girls went shopping in Zara while the guys went to check out tower records. I was surprised that it was all still full of records and cds being sold. Most of the girls there were filming the pictures of the idols as they went up the escalators.
    We headed onto Harajuku where I got a strawberry fetish treat. It was basically caramelised strawberries though they sold them at $7 each I gave one of them a go and it was pretty good.
    We then went and saw some otters but will leave that in another footprint and then continued up Harajuku and got another dessert along the way, cream filled eclairs or similar. Got strawberry, vanilla, caramel and mocha.
    We headed back to Shibuya and took some photos with Hamachi the loyal dog. We also noticed that as today was a public holiday (coming of age day) alot of girls were dressed up. They commonly will dress up if they are turning 18 or 20 during this year in kimonos.
    We went to grab lunch at an Ominomiyaki again which I cooked myself this time and didn't do half bad I think. Had it with scallops and king mushrooms that went down pretty well.
    A quick shop at Tokyo hands and a quick go with the claw machines and was back to see them farewell at the train station.
    Read more