Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 24

    Day 21 Leon

    June 5, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    This was a day where we shopped for attire for the wedding and also visited the Cathedral. Liz had bandaged my foot so it didn't look so bad. Paula needed to buy some new shoes for walking the Camino. We walked to the el Ingles Cortes, a 6 story shopping mall near the stadium. Spanish women are so stylish there was sure to be something there. I am not accustomed to shopping so I found the mall somewhat overwhelming. We had two wedding events to attend so I needed two new outfits. I tried on a few clothes on the first floor and ended with a pair of green pants and matching shirt. Up we went to the sixth floor after Liz found a little blue dress and Liberty shirt. I became desperate as this was my last chance to shop before the wedding. What would be suitable for the wedding and for other events on Protection Island? Various dresses were not suitable but finally decided upon a long green linen skirt with buttons down the front. Next it was Paula's turn. She found some bright colored Hoka runners which made our runners look dull and dirty by comparison! Soon we were back at the hostel, and set off to view the Cathedral of Leon. Another beautiful structure with gilted alters and many stained glass windows.
    On the way back we stopped at grocery store and bought food to prepare in the hostel kitchen.
    Back at the hostel we showered, rested and bandaged up my foot. We prepared pizza and a sandwich for dinner and Paula shared her flan with us. We needed to get to bed early as we had an early train to catch in the morning so said goodbye to Paula and headed to our room for the night.
    Read more