Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 42

    Coromandel - day 1

    October 22, 2018 in New Zealand ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    Northland was great but we wanted to be in 1 spot for a bit so we could get some more consistent surfing in. So plan was to go south, back to tauranga area and stay for a bit. A nice place to stop on the way was the coromandel. Our first day we decided to hit up the tourist attractions which is most beaches. The top 5 must dos of this area include Hauraki rail trail, cathedral cove, new chum beach, hot water beach and the pinnacles. We had plans to come back for the rail trail and already experienced the hot water beach thing so decided we would fit in the other top 3. Maybe not the best day for touristy things on a Monday of the long weekend but we went for it anyways. We started out with a visit to cathedral cove, pretty cool rocks down there but it was crazy busy with people. From there we headed up the coast to find new chum beach..this was much better! Takes about 30 mins to walk in to the beach from the parking lot. We went in the late afternoon and were happy to only see about a handful of people relaxing in the sun. Beauty beach and nice day to be in the ocean!

    Tomorrow we see the pinnacles:)
    Read more