Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Day 1 - part 2

    May 17, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    Group members met with the G rep (G Adventures tour company, Canadian based) at 6 pm and were given the schedule for our departure the next morning. People introduced themselves and some went out to eat but I didn’t. We met most of the group then. The full group of 16: 3 from Texas, 2 solos from Texas, 1 solo from NYC, 1 solo from CA, 1 from CA or NY, 3 from Vancouver/WA, 2 brothers from Vancouver, me from MI, 2 from London, UK. 5 of us were not doing an overnight trek, 1 was doing the Lares Trail, and rest were doing the Inka Trail. I was the oldest by far with my roommate probably late 50’s. There were about 5 in their 20’s and rest in 30’s to early 40’s.
    About 3:30 am loud banging on the door and was told my roommate was here. I wasn’t aware of getting a roommate. Cindy was from Texas and flew Aeromexico through Mexico City. She was traveling with her niece Andrea and grandniece, Rebecca – about 20 yrs old and was exhausted. Went to bed but snored very loudly. In the morning she apologized saying she couldn’t find an outlet for her cpap (sp?). It turns out it was next to my bed. It wasn’t a big deal since we had to get up at 5 am anyway. Once she could use her machine, there were no problems with her snoring at all.
    Pictures:
    1-3 Lima: Kennedy Park and Cat Park
    4-6 Pacific Ocean, surfers area, Kiss park
    Read more