Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Day 5d-March 25 - flagstaff summit

    March 25, 2019 in DR Congo ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    3. Then we drove up a very winding road to get to the top of Flagstaff Mountain Lookout. We got as close as we could to the top before the road was closed. So we walked up the last half mile to the top and had some nice vistas to take pictures of and just sit and ponder. Rachel had us a do an exercise where we focused on something and shared our thoughts.
    4. Nick showed us around UD-Boulder campus and then we walked the pedestrian mall in Boulder, more of what I envisioned a pedestrian mall to be like. We did look for some snowboarding gloves for R but even though there were end of the season discounts, we couldn’t find something she liked for the right price. I did buy R some wool walking sox at Mont-bell and R got a membership which gives discounts at some bar, I think. (The kids are going snowboarding in Whistler on Tues- Thur, staying at an airbnb.)
    5. We met Katie at 7:15 at a Boulder gluten free restaurant, Fresh Thyme Eatery, and enjoyed some good food and company. Katie is fellow student from Cape Town who now lives in Chicago; we had dinner with her our last night in Cape Town. R and I shared a protein and 2 sides: pork chili, lentil salad, and ??? salad. Nick got a large Mac Attack with chicken and pesto.
    6. Home by 9 pm and off to bed soon thereafter.
    pix: flagstaff summit views
    Read more