Satellite
Show on map
  • A long, long time ago...

    July 1, 1989 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    Four score and about a million years ago, Maria flew to Barcelona for a monthlong exchange in Spain. She was armed with 5 years of book-learned Spanish, a fair accent (thanks to being raised in bilingual New Mexico plus a two week tour of Spain the year prior), and a total lack of knowledge of the vosotros conjugation. She returned home with a love of Spain and her people. Meanwhile, over in the Midwest, Melinda fell in love with Spanish and made it her vocation. She traveled to Spain multiple summers completing her Master’s degree in Spanish literature and returning home with part of her heart left behind.

    Years later, these young girls, unrelated and yet creepily similar, met and bonded over travel and language. Much older and more jaded, these two, armed with prescription eyeglasses, physical therapy bands, and fortified by recent dental work, will return together to España to introduce their now twelve-year-old children to the land that they love. Age and brokenness will not stop Maria and Melinda, the “Miserable Mujeres”, from a grand tour of Spain. We hope to give our kids a taste of independent travel, and a chance to learn the vosotros conjugation, while giving you all a good laugh as you follow our {mis}adventures!
    Read more