Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Last night in San Ignacio

    January 22, 2019 in Belize ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    After Xunantunich and the Barton Creek Cave, we head back to San Ignacio. We wanted to check out AJAW Chocolate & Crafts, a little chocolate factory, but we arrived too late for the full tour of the farm and could only do a short tasting and demonstration. It was short and simple but we still got to see the fruit of the cacao tree and the beans and nibs, and buy a couple of bars at their little store.

    After this visit we went back to our hotel. We wanted to go to the rooftop, which had a great view and hammocks, but Pablo and I got distracted talking about the Oscar nominations and we missed the sunset. It was nice and pleasant to though.

    One fascinating thing about the hotel is that in the ground floor it had a little store with hot sauces and a full display of the history of Marie Sharp's company, including a full size cardboard of Marie Sharp herself. My tolerance to hot sauce is basically zero, so I can't say anything about the products themselves.

    For dinner we went to The Great Mayan Prince Restaurant. It wasn't as good as the one of the previous night, but it was fine and we ordered a lot of food.

    After dinner we went back to the hotel. Pablo was very awake and wanted to watch videos but I was so sleepy after the long day!
    Read more