Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17

    Errands and walking

    November 29, 2021 in Portugal ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    We spent a good part of the day running errands and switching hotels. We started the day by having breakfast at Charlie Bistro, a cute breakfast spot with some nice options. I had a 'tapioca' (a tapioca flour crepe, white and spongy) with berries and dulce de leche that was delicious.

    By the time I was done at the post office and the embassy, and we had moved hotels, it was already 3.30 PM. We had a very quick lunch at Tapisco Lisboa, which was good and would probably have been great if we had arrived earlier and in time to order some of the more elaborate dishes. Our new hotel, 9 Hotel Mercy, was nice and the location was excellent.

    From there, we walked around some of the areas where we had already been. We checked the Miradouro de São Pedro de Alcântara, and the Bertrand bookstore, in Chiado. This is the oldest operating bookstore in the world! It was founded in 1732 and it now operates a network of 52 shops across Portugal. We walked into the store of the Companhia do Chapitô, a cultural center, theater, and circus company that also hosts a bar/restaurant with a terrace. We had actually considered eating here, but this wasn't the right moment and we wanted to keep walking around.

    We ended having dinner in Chiado, in Cantinho do Avillez. We really enjoyed it! It's another restaurant by chef José Avillez, the same one behind the restaurant Páteo - Bairro do Avillez that we had visited on our second night in Lisbon, but this one is way more chill. Because of that, I feel we enjoyed it more. The place was very cute and the food was amazing, and they still had the same hazelnut dessert we had eaten and loved at Páteo.
    Read more