Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    24 hours of travelling later...

    October 2, 2018 in Australia ⋅ 🌬 21 °C

    We arrived in Sydney. The first flight from Heathrow to Hong Kong went so smoothly and we slept so well that we got a bit arrogant for our second onward flight to Sydney. Little did we know that it would be quite the opposite experience!

    First, Harriet spilt a whole glass of chilled Coca Cola over my jeans, and then an hour later she went all clammy, had a collapse and was sick, and had to go and lie in the gulley while the air stewardesses and I fanned her and laid wet flannels on her head. This happened a further 3 times before we landed. Thankfully all was well again once she’d had a few drinks and a couple of bread rolls.

    We caught the train to our lovely hotel, dumped our bags, had the absolute best shower of our lives, and then set out to explore. The Harbour Bridge and Opera House were on our doorstep so we went for a great bit of lunch overlooking both. Then we walked to Darling Harbour where we sat and had a beer while watching the ferries come and go. Jet lag was catching up on us so we went for a local dinner and had a nice local Sydney lager in the hotel bar before bed.
    Climbing the Harbour Bridge tomorrow!

    Mart x
    Read more