Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Day 6, Two Medicine Trail, part 2

    June 17, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 63 °F

    Hindrance, Hurdles & Hardship.

    First, there was snow. At the first crisp crunches of walking in snow, I had nostalgic warm memories from when I lived in AK and UT. Those warm feelings melted away (pun) after we slipped, slid, and sloshed through many many sections of snow. Second, mud. Lots of it. We scampered along various roots, rocks and side paths to avoid much of it.

    Third was fording a few small swift streams that were a bit tricky (we got wet). #4 was poor signage, so we took the wrong trail, adding an extra mile. # 5 was clamoring over at least 15 trees across the trail (and we wondered why it was so poorly maintained ….).

    #6 was when our trail suddenly ended IN A RAGING CREEK.

    #7 was the effort it took me to convince Charlie that I WAS NOT crossing that creek (he is certain we’d have made it OK, and he might be right). After he got across the first channel and approached the deeper one, I told him, “I am NOT going”.

    Lastly, back on the right trail and really tired, it started to rain. Despite all these trials, it was quite a good day, just not what we planned.
    Read more