Satellit
Vis på kort
  • Dag 2

    Day 57/58: Travel & Pointe des Almadies

    8. marts, Senegal ⋅ ☁️ 73 °F

    We took a red eye flight to Dakar with Royal Air Maroc. Our layover was in Casablanca Morocco, but Mary’s sleeping pills were too much and she slept face down in a cafe until the next flight. We eventually boarded, slept more, and woke up in Dakar at 7:30pm. After waiting on the express bus for an hour, we eventually hailed a cab and got to the Villa Jade Hotel at 10:30pm. Grabbed some French tacos at 11:30pm to ended our long travel day.

    The next day we enjoyed our complementary hotel breakfast and continued to nap until 1pm (we were still tired). We got dressed and walked around the Ngor neighborhood and trekked to Plage de la Pointe des Almadies (the most Western point of mainland Africa). Because we are easily identified as foreigners, we are approached on the street by vendors and restaurant promoters to come into their shops. One man was super persistent, and we caved to eat at his restaurant. He walked us down to a beautiful little beach shop and had delicious Senegalese BBQ fish (Thiof). You couldn’t beat the beach view and local fishermen working.

    Hotel: Villa Jade
    Restaurant: Restaurant Chez Mamy

    Food:
    French Tacos
    Grilled Thiof with Alloco and Atieke

    Spots:
    Ngor Neighborhood
    US Embassy
    UNICEF WCARO & SCO
    Plage de la Pointe des Almadies
    Læs mere