Satelital
Mostrar en el mapa
  • Día 8

    Day 117: The Great Pre-Alpine Lakes

    6 de mayo, Italia ⋅ ☁️ 61 °F

    When we chatted with German engineer Tobias in Bulgaria, he told us we need to go to the Chianti wine region and the northern lakes in Italy. Neither were on our radar, but it was an excellent recommendation as the Great Pre-Alpine lakes were breathtaking.

    We hiked for two hours around the San Thomas church and had views of Valmadrera and Lecco. Next we ventured down to the water to catch a bus north. The service was reduced during non summer months so we opted to hang around the lake, especially with storm clouds and gloomy scenes feeding Mary’s desolate soul. Needing coffee, we hiked up what google maps said was a walking path which really was a road with no shoulders and blind spots.

    This was all worth it though as we found an espresso bar that really was a bar bar. We got some beers and chatted up the bartenders as they fed us little snacks and more drink recommendations. This included a coffee with anise vodka and then a Campari made extra strong. Mary had been looking for an Italian local happy hour she read about online and we finally got it. We ran home and enjoyed our last delicious Italian dinner.

    Restaurants:
    Caffè Pari Parè
    Ristorante Pizzeria Osteria Le Bocce

    Food:
    Bruschetta
    Ravioli with Burrata and Langoustine
    Tagliolini Con Vongole
    Complementary Lemoncello

    Spots:
    Piana di San Tomaso
    Lungolago di Malgrate
    Lungolago Valmadrera - Paré
    Leer más