Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 22–24

    Day 22 - St Albans s l to Aumont Aubrac

    May 13 in France ⋅ ☀️ 16 °C

    Last night we wandered around St Albans Sur Limagnole - we decided we weren’t particularly hungry after our earlier feast of chicken and chips 😆
    Thunder and lightning started rolling around so we hurried back to our lovely room just beating the torrential rain that followed 💦
    An easy going start with help yourself breakfast facilities - then off once more this time to the town of Aumont Aubrac.
    We headed out of town via the local spar! Stocked up on some fruit then hit the first hill of the day!
    We are now 1165 metres or 3415 feet above sea level on the Aubrac plateau. The place was covered in snow 2 weeks ago! We don’t want a repeat of this 🤞🙏
    We walked just under 16 km to lovely vistas on a sunny day with a cooling breeze.
    We hit town for lunch where there was quite a gathering of pilgrims all bonjouring each other.
    Mary tried out the local specialty‘aligot’ a type of mashed potato with garlic and cheese- it was lovely.
    We went to find our accommodation and for the first time we weren’t on the list despite booking a few months ago!! The hostess was apologetic and fortunately has another accommodation just around the corner. It is a charming old house with green shutters so hasn’t worked out too badly.
    Tomorrow is a rest day so we’ll chill catch up with the plans for the next few days and probably a trip to the local launderette!!!
    We have our own bathroom but a shared toilet and the kitchen is just off our room so could be noisy in the morning 🌅
    Simon is concerned that Man City are going to blow the title and the FA cup - however apparently Halifax finished 7th in the national league so all is not lost!!
    Read more