Satelliitti
Näytä kartalla
  • Päivä 26

    Mt Cook

    3. tammikuuta 2018, Uusi Seelanti ⋅ ☀️ 16 °C

    With an overnight stay at a huge camp spot near a lake we continued our journey. We needed to take a little detour of about 150km because we missed visiting Mt Cook on the way from Christchurch to Timaru. Mt Cook is a must-see as it is the biggest mountain in New Zealand and offers some of the most beautiful views.
    We arrived there later in the afternoon and made a short hike of about two hours through the Hooker Valley to get a first glimpse at the mountain. For the next day we had planned to go up to Mueller Hut, a 8 hour hike with 1500m climb. It was a pretty tough way leading first over almost 2000 stairs, then through boulder fields and in the end through snow. But the views were magnificent down to the valley, over to Mi Cook and to Mueller Glacier. You were all the time accompanied by the cracking of ice in the glacier...
    The next day we spent driving to Lake Tekapo which was a bit disappointing as there is basically nothing at all to do. So we came back to Lake Pukaki and spent the night there relaxing, enjoying a glass of wine and later stargazing.
    Lue lisää