Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Gold Coast

    April 10, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    A new exciting chapter in the gap year is starting here at the Gold Coast. We arrived just in time for the Commonwealth Games, which was at first great news until we started looking for a place to stay at. Everything was either booked or exorbitantly expensive. In the end we were lucky to get a Airbnb close to the airport.
    The mission for the first few days was to find a car to get us around. Luckily we were already successful on the first day. We had a good feeling about it and so we went for it. Hopefully our gut feeling was right, but we'll see about that in a few weeks.
    As we now had a car we decided to treat ourselves with a ticket to the Commonwealth Games. There weren't many tickets available anymore but we got some cheaper ones for the Athletics. It was a fun experience unlike the football stadiums there is something going on everywhere all the time.

    Before leaving the Gold Coast in the general direction South, we visited Coolangatta and the iconic Point Danger. Named by Captain Cook because of the dangerous shallow rocks its now a scenic spot to watch the surfers and the sunset.
    Read more