Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Sydney

    April 20, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    Exact one week after we started our road trip in Australia we arrived in Sydney. The single city that stands so representative for Australia with the Sydney Opera and harbour. We've booked an Airbnb about half an hour by train outside of the city center so we don't have to drive there.
    After checking in and refreshing ourselves we booked a harbour cruise tour in the afternoon with a tall ship. So we still had two hours left to explore the city center and historic spots along the harbour. The core is easily explorable in two hours and we got a good overview of Sydney. The city has a really good ambience combining historical and modern buildings. Afterwards the tour on the ship through the harbour was great. Luckily we stayed dry and the crew told interesting stories. Besides that we got a great view of the Opera House. It also offered some hands-on experience by setting the sails. It was definitely worth to do the trip and see the city from a different angle.
    Afterwards we waited until the sunset to walk once more around the harbour to see the city illuminated. Occasionally there was a light show on one of the buildings at the Opera House.

    For the next day we took the train to Bondi beach. Apparently this is the most famous beach in Australia. It is a nice beach but nothing too special despite being extremely busy. From there we took the walk along the coast to Bronte beach which is a tourist must-do and actually pretty nice.
    In the afternoon we drove down in direction of Canberra and ended up at a camp spot near a lake.
    Read more