Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Casablanca

    November 7, 2017 in Morocco ⋅ 🌙 13 °C

    Our last stop of the journey was in Casablanca, a city where just the name directly wakes feelings of grandeur. We had considered skipping it because there are many other cities to see and from what we heard there's nothing all too special about it. But as it was on our way to Fes and we had time we decided to go anyways! Which was a great decision even though we were greeted by a dark (it was once again pretty late when we arrived), smelly and dirty. Also our stay was just a mere additional room at the back of an alley. But the host was really friendly and chatty. We spent some time with him before going for a short walk in the area.
    In the morning we went out early so we can see all of the sights in the city. First we went in direction of the harbour to have breakfast there with a view. Then we stopped at a filming location of the famous movie "Casablanca". The next stop was a bit further away but one of the highlights, the mosque Hassan II. It is an impressive sight located directly in the harbour and made with incredible details! For the last stop we went to the largest mall in Morocco which has a large aquarium in the center, besides that it's just a normal mall.
    For the end of our trip we took the train back to Fes and spent the night in the airport. The journey was exhausting but also very rewarding filled with culture and history!
    Read more