Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 20

    Edinburgh day 2

    September 21, 2019 in Scotland ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    Unfortunately Anne’s back hasn’t improved very much so she spent most of the day at home while I went for a walk down to the Leith water front. Leith is the port of Edinburgh. It’s a typical water front in that it is a bit “rougher” looking than Edinburgh. Having said that, it’s full of quirky cafes and bars along with art shops and markets etc - a great place to have a wander around. I should add that Edinburgh is considered the safest city in the UK, and we’ve never felt unsafe walking around of an evening. I followed the “Waters of Leith” (it’s the rivers name) all the way back to the centre of Edinburgh. It’s a beautiful area with parks and gardens. Had a look around the @new town” part of Edinburgh before heading back. We had dinner at the apartment (I cooked 2 beautiful microwave dinners to make it easy for Anne 🤔) and then Anne thought she would be okay to go for a short walk - we went to an Italian restaurant (like most towns/cities you can’t walk 50’metres without passing one) where we had dessert sitting outside. Getting down the 85 stairs,from the apartment, wasn’t to bad for Anne, but the same 85 stairs on the way back was a bit more of a challenge, but Anne made it (sort of) easily. After 2 days cooped up inside it was just what Anne needed. The only thing on TV is the Mentalist and the Aussie show Special Ops - both shown back to back (I think Anne has watched about 15 episodes of each 🙄).
    The weather (everywhere including here) has just been terrific. It’s been cool, say 15 degrees, but once you’re in the Sun it’s quite warm
    - just T-shirt weather). The apartment has central heating that comes on about 6.30 pm that, if anything, gets too warm. Looks like we are about to get to taste some UK weather though. Forecast is for cold and raining, from tomorrow, for the next 14 days (yay).
    Read more