Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 46

    Prague - day 1

    October 17, 2019 in Czech Republic ⋅ ☁️ 16 °C

    Naturally, we had breakfast.

    Headed off the the “old town” and nearly sprained an ankle on the cobble stone streets. Some of the best sights are in the old town parts of the cities with churches and cathedrals being museums and windows into the past - some really are quite glorious. They make a type of barrel donut called a trdelink - there’re sold as a traditional sweet but apparent that’s just a tourist gimmick. Who cares, I love them so I had about 4 !!!!!!. Anne cooked steak and salad for dinner - 2 inch thick crown rib-eye steak. I know we have the best meat back in Australia, but this was a fantastic piece of beef and at a cheaper price than back home (about $25 per kg it worked out at).

    Carl is flying into Rome on 14th Nov, for three weeks, so we spent a bit of time planning an itinerary so we can meet him there - we’re looking forward to doing some travel with him before he flys out of Paris back to Sydney on 6th Dec. We’re going to fly out on the same day but we’re going to go Tokyo for 4 nights on the way back to Brisbane.

    Tomorrow we’re on a 6 hour tour of the city - more walking!!!
    Read more