Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 64

    Verona to Bergamo

    November 4, 2019 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    It’s only a 2 hour drive and it’s sunny - a nice day for a drive in the countryside. We’re staying off the toll roads so should see some nice scenery with any luck. We’ve seen our first sight of snow, albeit on top of a far off mountain - I have a feeling we’ll see more by the end of this trip.

    Got to the hotel early (about 12.30pm) and luckily we got to check in without having to wait. The hotel is great and after dropping our stuff off we headed out to eat and explore.

    Like a lot of Italian cities/towns that are built on a hill/mountain there is an “alto” (high) part of the city and “basso” (low) part of the city. We caught the finoculare (a type of cable car for steep inclines) to the alto and the citadel. You would think that sooner or later you would get tired of looking through cathedrals and churches, but each one is different with their own histories - we looked through a few more. Besides they’re cheaper than museums and sometimes you get bread and wine thrown in 😁. Late afternoon and we were going to walk back down but the funiculars was only £1.30 so we rode back. We saw the worlds smallest car!!!!

    Light dinner then turn-in.
    Read more