Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 72

    Bolonga italy

    November 12, 2019 in Italy ⋅ 🌧 8 °C

    Today we’re off to Bologna (home of Bolognese sauce). We left reasonably early as Pio is off to help butcher the 13 wild boars the hunting club killed over the weekend - apparently they are a real pest, do a lot of damage to local farms, so it’s a “community service”. We’re staying in the heart of the city (in yet another pedestrian area and have to drive amongst people through tiny cobble stone streets). I must be getting used to this so just drive the Italian way - honk and if they don’t get out of the way honk the horn again (louder and longer whilst gesticulating wildly) and swear!!!!. Lucky we reserved parking at the hotel - the garage is tiny fitting only 2 cars. Lucky it was empty when we parked, and I have no idea how they will get another car in there.

    After booking in we headed out, in pouring rain, for a late lunch and to explore. It’s a beautiful old city with lots of history (and the usual churches/cathedrals and towers).

    For dinner, on the recommendation of one of my cousins, I had a spaghetti bolognese that I have to say was better then any I’ve had before.

    Boy it rained on the way back to the hotel.
    Read more