Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    Back to Antigua!!

    January 21, 2017 in Guatemala ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    Love this town. This afternoon going to look at the handicrafts and just wander taking photos.

    Some are going to climb the volcano which overlooks the town. There were five deaths last week when a group and their guide were blown off the volcano in their tents when the weather turned.

    I asked our idiot guide (who has insightful comments such as 'there is alot of history there' but doesn't tell us any!) about the walk and his reponse was that it was quite short. We have all learned that he is quite stupid so I start interrogating him. Its actually a six hour walk on loose rocks!!!
    Is he for real!!

    Weather is abit overcast which I love. Cooler for walking. Its Saturday and some streets are closed off and everyone is out walking. Great atmosphere and it got even busier in the evening.

    So nice not to have to dodge the cars and the closed off streets are so pretty without them.

    We have dinner in this fabulous restaurant in terms of its decor. Its quite spectacular as you can see from the photos. In the evenings its dinner by candlelight. So my travelling companions - a swiss girl and a Perth uni student and I all have pasta which we have been craving. The service and the meals were great.

    Then we head to the town centre which has a park in the middle and cafes and shops surrounding it and have some great gelato.

    End of a good day which is topped off by me catching up on my washing! Yes its the little things like clean clothes.
    Read more