Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Boxing Day road trip to Alma

    December 26, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ -8 °C

    Today we leave Aspen and head off to Alma about 3.5 hours drive away.

    Why Alma you might say. Well its cheaper than Aspen and I found a lovely quintessential colorado log home to stay in with gorgeous views.

    Its also only 30 minutes from Breckenridge which is meant to be one of Colorado's most christmassy towns.

    The drive took longer than google said but its a nice drive and we stopped in one of the impressive Colorado reststops for lunch. They are huge and have clean large restrooms and often a park with benches.

    We arrived at night and were greeted by our lovely hosts Sandy and Ernie. They are retired teachers and built this home as a bed and breakfast about 12 years ago. Its actually on the market as they plan to retire to Phoenix in the winter and Colarado Springs in the summer.

    They have thought of everything. There are snacks, use of a fridge and microwave and every toiletry you could imagine. A fabulous breakfast is provided and if you need anything Sandy and Ernie are more than happy to arrange it.

    All the rooms have fireplaces and are very cosy and our room has a spectacular view.

    Plus the christmas decorations are full on!! I have never seen anything like it. Its like staying in a hallmark movie. Our room had so many I had to have some removed to fit in our luggage.

    So we have three nights here to relax.
    Read more