Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Cruise changeover

    January 17, 2019 in Puerto Rico ⋅ 🌧 23 °C

    Tedious day today after a tedious night of packing. The same cabin wasn't available for the next cruise. Had to be out of the room by 8am. Then at 9.30 immigration came on board to check those who were doing consecutive cruises.

    Then had to hang around until the rooms were ready at about 2.30pm. The consecutive cruisers as they call us were invited to an 'exclusive' lunch which was total shite. Had to send back an inedible pasta and ended up having bread and butter for lunch. Menu was crap.

    By this time weirdly we were exhausted so had a nap until the compulsory drill.

    Then potatoes beans and rice for dinner followed by tv. Exciting.

    New room a long way from the food. When you cruise the food is at the back and the entertainment at the front - well at least on Celebrity. So I prefer the back of the ship.

    Also previously we were on level 11 as part of a few staterooms and now we are on level 9 with an obstructed view which wasn't disclosed by Celebrity when we booked. Its not a real obstruction by ship standards but its annoying. I guess it will provide shade.

    Next was an announcement that they are fixing the ship's navigation system so we will be delayed in leaving San Juan by an hour. That was two hours ago.

    My guess is if they can't fix it in two hours then they need more expertise.

    We didn't bother to leave the ship as San Juan does not look enticing.
    Read more