Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    Flight to Kiruna Sweden via Stockholm

    February 4, 2020 in Sweden ⋅ ☀️ -1 °C

    Flight to nowhere more like it.
    Up really early, rushed breakfast, taxi to airport and flight delayed, then delayed and then delayed again.
    Anyway we finally made it from Oslo to Stockholm but had missed the only day flight to Kiruna.

    Next one was at 9.30pm which would mean arriving in Lapland at 11pm with the only way to get to our cabin which is on an island in the middle of nowhere by snow mobile. Plus supermarket would have been closed. Anyway not going to happen so after phoning the cabin people to make new arrangements and transferring to the 8.30am flight the next day we get vouchers from Scandinavian airways for lunch, dinner and breakfast and a free night in the Radisson at the airport. So not bad given the circumstances.

    We also get upgraded at the hotel so we have a nice big room and I immediately disperse our crap everywhere.

    Lunch was ordinary and then we collapsed on the comfy beds and slept for five hours. Now I need to acknowledge the younger me (say 6 years ago) who would have caught the train into the city and walked to everything notable or at least done a hop on hop off and then gone to the massive shopping mall on the way back. Farewell younger traveller!

    And then for dinner what else but swedish meatballs!

    Bed.
    Read more