Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Ice Hotel

    February 6, 2020 in Sweden ⋅ ☀️ -8 °C

    Today we were picked up by snow mobile and dropped off at the original Ice Hotel.
    I wandered around taking photos. Unfortunately the english tour wasn't for a few hours.

    The deluxe bedrooms were very good but the ice bar was ordinary.

    Then an hour wait for a very expensive taxi back to town. Then I walked to a supermarket and stocked up then another wait for a taxi. The town centre was really boring and very quiet. So it was abit of a waste of a day.

    Then we headed off to the Husky Farm for two nights. It had received rave reviews on airbnb.
    The accommodation was very hostel/backpacker and the shared bathroom was truly horrible.
    After an exhausting three weeks I just wanted a nice room and a modern bathroom.

    And the common kitchen/lounge wasn't that welcoming either. There was a lovely german shepherd in residence and she occupied the only lounge. So a hairy smelly lounge is just off putting.

    Luckily the room was big and had a fireplace so we hung out in there. Also it had a great view over the husky compound which I endlessly stared at.
    Read more