Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Day 9 - Yokohama, Japan

    April 12, 2017 in Japan ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    After a night of a bed hopping 3yr old, hubby woke me at 5:15am to see the sunrise over Yokohama harbour. He then woke us all up at 6:30am for our last day.

    We walked along the promenade where the Yokohama flower festoval had the most spectacular displays and the weather was fantastic.

    We continued to walk to the Red Brick Warehouse, around it and past the Cosmo world park. It was 9am and we were hungry so we found food. We realised we were close to the landmark tower, and it had just opened. So up we went. The views were spectacular and it was pretty quiet bar a school group. The day was clear and gorgeous (but still no sighting of Fuji, just every other landmark).

    After that we jumped on a train one stop to Yokohama station and let the kids loose again in the toy section of Yodabashi. Loaded up we headed back to the hotel to collect our bags and walk back to Kannai station. At 3:29 we jumped on a Nex for the airport. Very glad to rest our weary legs.

    So at the airport we had anothet 'us' moment. We checked the bags and went to oversize baggage when we realised the wifi accessories and return envelope were in the side pocket. I raced back to the counter to see the bag heading away. The nice a check in attendant grabbed it for me. Envelope retrieved, lesson learned. Return the wi-fi at terminal 2. At least it was far less stressful than last years alcohol in carry on fiasco.

    After sitting in the airport eating much loved udon, we weee ushered through a different security line (where the children were made to remove their shoes). So we used the last of our yen on some ghibli toys for the kids. See you on the other side.
    Read more