Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Day 2 - Narita to Naeba

    February 25, 2019 in Japan ⋅ ☁️ 5 °C

    This ended up being a travelling sort of day... full of errors as such.
    We returned to the airport after spending the night at Narita Tobu Hotel (nice size triple for ¥10,260). Had a good old 7-11 breakfast and went to the JR office after the initial opening rush. Got onto the 9:48 NEX and it was an unusually slow journey that stopped at least three times (not at any sort of station).

    That put us into Tokyo at 11:15am, so our long gap had now closed, we hauled the kids and ski bags through Tokyo station arriving at our platform just as the shinkansen pulled in. (When booking these seat I requested the back row - for ski bag). Where we watched the staff flip the seats, making our back row request now front row seats. We ended up sticking the ski bag up on the overhead rack, and had our other luggage under our feet. Lucky the journey was only just over an hour.

    To continue our comedy of errors we looked up a restaurant on guru navi, only to end up going to a restaurant in the same location, but on the other side of the station. The food was good, but ended up being an expensive lunch at ¥6000.

    Then we hustled to catch the shuttle to Naeba leaving at 2:20pm, the one waiting was full, luckily another on came a few minutes later. There was a lot more snow on the ground than our visit last year. Checked in all good, unpacked the skis, ready to hit the slopes in the morning.
    Read more