Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Day 4 - Kagura

    February 27, 2019 in Japan ⋅ ☁️ 2 °C

    We feasted on convenience store snacks for breaks, pastries and waffles. We were out by about 8am and off to exchange our lift ticket coupons and get the kids free passes. We paid the ¥700 extra for an all mountain pass that included Kagura and Naeba.

    We headed over towards the Dragondola - the longest gondola, it goes for 5km and takes 20mins. The views were awesome. Over at the Tashiro area of Kagurathere was not a breath of wind, but it was bloody cold about -5.

    We started off on the left and made our way across to the right, the runs were bloody icy, skis were chattering. By the lime we got to the 4th lift we were cold and hungry, so we went back across to lift 2 to the tonkatsu restaurant for an early lunch at 11am.

    After a feed and a warm up, we headed right again. This time we actually went right on the 4th lift, and found the orange course, which was actually a bit soft. The kids had a ball on this run, so we lapped that a few times. The kids had a few minor stacks at times, but were sking well, I had trouble catching them at times. We were all freezing so around 2pm we left and headed back for the Dragondola.

    We crossed back across the Naeba face, where the snow was softer and the wind a bit stronger. After the kids had a warm up bath, we went out for an early dinner. Then a chill in our room.
    Read more