Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Day 13 - Asakusa, Tsukiji, Nezu Shrine

    March 8, 2019 in Japan ⋅ ⛅ 11 °C

    We had a sleep in and left for a 7-11 breakfast after 8:30am. Checked out, and had them store our luggage. Our first stop was to Tsukiji for Jason to buy another knife from Tsukiji Masumoto. On the way there we passed through Akiba yodabashi, so we let the kids visit the toyfloir for a few goodies. Then it was on to Tsukiji. The old fish market area has only changed slightly.

    From here we headed to Nezu (behind Ueno) to visit Nezu Shrine. This shrine has a mini tori gate line similar to Fushimi Inari, and has a shrine built in the 1700's. As well as some koi fish in ponds and we also saw lots of turtles sunning themselves. Today was a beautiful clear day, though a bit chilly.

    From here we returned at 2pm to grab our bags and head to Tokyo station. Once at Tokyo station we reserved some tickets on the NEX using the last day of our JR East pass. We then had an hour and a bit to kill, so we found the nearest 7-11 for snacks.

    We jumped on the 4pm NEX headed for the airport. We then let the kids loose with some more capsule toys. Theb we collected tge luggage we taqbined to the airport (note terminal 3 is 1st floor of T2). We then joined the mega long check-in queue for our flight home.
    Read more