Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Day 9 - Last day Skiing at Shiga Kogen

    February 26, 2023 in Japan ⋅ ❄️ -6 °C

    Day 9 - Last day skiing at Shiga Kogen

    We woke to a white view and a fair amount of snow falling and on the cars in the carpark. It was a chilly -11 outside apparently. Breakfast was had at the hotel buffett, waffles today.

    We decided to stay on the Yakebitaiyama side today as it was considerably windier than before, and we were only skiing a half day as we had to pack our skis to send back to the airport. So we went out and started our day on C1, yep it was colder and windier than before. But we were back to quiet skiing from the fallen snow, I like it like this.

    We headed over to D lift the hooded quad, but it was not open at 9am, even though it has a start time of 8:45am. So we joined the queue at the A gondola and rode it up, heading down towards the B gondola at South. The snow was fun and the family had fun finding stashes off to the side.

    From here we criss crossed heading back towards A gondola, hoping the quad chair would be open, and it was, so around 10am. We joined the queue and rode this, having fun on D1 and D2 in the powder. We then headed back to South gondola, and had an early lunch at 11am. Unfortunately they had no pork cutlets, so it was karaage and fries for lunch.

    It was cold, so we skied a bit and made our way back over to Prince west, where we began the joyful task of repacking the ski bags, and shipping them off to the airport. We also shipped our luggage to our last night stay, as we will travel light for the next few days. We had to have our bags ready by 3pm here, and we got it done at 2pm. Onsen time was had, followed by Coolish.

    Dinner tonight is Shiga Kogen Tacos.
    Read more