Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Our last day

    March 1 in Japan ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    This morning, we were woken by an earthquake rocking the house before 6am. Mum and I set off for combini breakfast. Then it was packing time, and a bit of a relax until our 10am check out.

    We then dragged our luggage to Skytree and stowed it in lockers. We then rode the train to Asakusa and decided since the weather cleared up to do a cruise down the Sumida river to Hamarikyu Gardens. The next boat was at 11:40, so with 40mins to kill, we walked into Asakusa to get some Taiyaki from the guy on Orange street. Custard tayaki eaten, we headed back to the boat terminal.

    The boat boarded at 11:40 and took about 35mins to get to Hamarikyu Gardens. The biat entered a lock type entrance and moored at the gardens. We walked around the garden, saw some early blossoms and we to the pond with teahouses in the middle. As it was past midday, the family needed feeding again. We walked to Shiodome station and rode the train a few stops to Azubu-juban station. Here we found a small burger cafe and decended upon it. The teriyaki burgers were pretty good. By now, it was 2pm, and there was not enough time to go up Azabudai Hills. So we caught the train back to Oshigae, arriving around 2:40. We retrieved our luggage from the lockers and headed for the 3:44pm train to the airport.

    Arriving at the airport, we retrieved our skis, checked in rather painlessly, self checkin, but then needed oversize and boarding pass, so had to go through the line anyway. Dinner was freshness burger, can rate their teriyaki burger. All set for our 9pm flight.
    Read more