Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 280

    Relay racing (but slowly, slowly)

    April 20, 2017 in Germany ⋅ ⛅ 0 °C

    I'm on my first trip while spending the next few months in Germany, having some brother-sister time in Austria where my older brother lives. We're here​ for his birthday and for some outdoor fun and so when I arrived, we went straight into the woods to have some adventures.

    This trail is a classic brother-sister hike and the highlight usually is going up to the wattefalls, which you can walk beneath / behind. This time, the waterfall was full of icicles, turning the scenery into a beautiful winter wonderland.

    But the real adventure started after the falls. We went into deep snow - hiking, jumping and siding down the mountainside. Once we got to the base, Mo's dog Calypso started having bad hind leg cramps and soon she was unable to walk. So we turned around, and the guys took turns carrying her along the trail. She's pretty heavy and so we had to switch every few minutes (I took her a few times, but couldn't hold her longer than a minute or two). But it felt like a beautiful team effort and we got reminded of the strength of sticking together and having each other's backs.
    Read more