Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 154

    Cahuita

    February 7, 2017 in Costa Rica ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Another day spent in Cahuita. This is a lovely, friendly and chilled out place to stay - but if you want anything in a hurry, forget it! This place doesn't just work on "Costa Rica time", it works on "Caribbean Costa Rica time" - i.e. unless you have the time and patience to wait, you will be very frustrated! This morning we went to a restaurant for breakfast and when we'd waited well over half an hour just for a cup of tea (never mind the food), chased it up a couple of times and still no sign, we decided to go elsewhere... we ended up in e French-run café that had marginally faster service. After breakfast we went out to "Tree of Life", an animal sanctuary that rescues injured/orphaned/inappropriate pet animals, treats and rehabilitates them, releasing back into the wild where possible. It was an informative tour and we enjoyed seeing the animals up closer than Is possible in the wild. Our favourites were the 2 baby sloths - so cute - and we finally managed to get a picture of the elusive sloths' faces!

    This afternoon we moved back to our original hotel in Cahuita, Casa de las Flores - a very friendly and relaxed place to stay, run by an Italian family. After a hot morning out (no rain today), we enjoyed a swim in the little pool. This evening, we went out for cocktails - great mojitos and a pineapple "cocktail" juice for Solana, followed by delicious Caribbean curry. Tomorrow is our last day in Cahuita, then we travel back to San Jose on Thursday before our flight on Friday....
    Read more