Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Bras D'Eau NP Again - With Proper Shoes

    October 27, 2023 in Mauritius ⋅ ☁️ 28 °C

    The next morning, we made our way to Bras D'Eau National Park again, just as we told the security officer yesterday. We had packed lots of water and proper shoes to wander the Nature Trail. So we set off and were astonished by the many volcanic stones that were - unevenly - planted in our way. So the trail was much more exhausting than we thought it would be which resulted in swearing and sweating. But our surroundings were beautiful anyway. Especially the shells on the forest floor were yet again something quite miraculous, I must admit.
    The sun went higher and our water bottles got emptied one after another. As we finally arrived the much promised beach, we were excited for the water to cool us off. However, the water was warm itself, so not much cooling from that part. It was still great to get some shade and rest during the high noon. After cuddling with some more street dogs laying on the sand (the poor things must be dying) we made our way back to the Visitor Centre - however Goilge found us a shortcut so we didn't have to go over all of these uneven stones again. Finally back in the car, we drove into the middle of the Ile of Maurice where we wanted to hunt for some caves. However, the weather wanted us to stop.
    Read more