Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 52 - flip to chester

    June 21, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 70 °F

    This morning we caught our first bus from serria transit authority at 6:10 am. That bus took us to bishop where we got on a slightly bigger bus that took us to Reno. Unfortunately I misread where it dropped us off and that is not where our next bus started. Oops! But luckily we had enough time to get an uber to the correct location, the Amtrak station. We hopped on the sage stage bus that then took us to Susanville. From Susanville we caught our final bus via the lassen rural transportation system. Finally arriving in chester at 6:30 pm. That same bus would take us directly to the trailhead too, but I have to pick up a package in the morning at the post office. Going to do that first thing in the am, and back on the trail Mel and I go! 585.9 miles further up the trail. We will be starting at mile 1332.4, time for northern cal.

    We stayed at someone's house who offers up one of their rentals for hikers to stay in, for free! It was pretty tight quarters but we made it work. The owners of the home live below and have the upstairs turned into two units. One they rent out. And one for hikers. Very nice of them!
    Read more