Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 22

    The Feedback Club

    October 24, 2021 in Portugal ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    Waking up to the sprinklers in Ellies mum and dads garden at 6am was a bit of a shock wake up call as we thought there was a huge downpour going on, by the time we realised what it was we were already awake so the kettle went on. We just chilled for about an hour sitting under the covers drinking our tea and missing Diego. Wanda seemed to be missing a part, it wasn’t quite the same not having to wake him up to feed him and clean him.
    At 9am we left the house and Colin took us on a magical mystery tour of Portugal, we’re not sure if he knows where he’s going most of the time but wherever we are going we have to get there now..........and fast.
    Our first stop was a huge reservoir and damn and it looked beautiful from the dirt road winding up the top of the hill. On the way back from there we saw a sign for ancient ruins but they turned out to be standing stones along a 7km walk and it was far to hot to walk that far.
    From there we drove into Silves, which is a beautiful little town and we had some lunch before heading to feragodo and stopping at a Chinese warehouse to get a couple of electronic flyzappers to kill the mosquitoes that were invading Wanda and our legs and feet.
    At 4pm Colin took us down the road into Alcantarilla to a little bar called the feedback club. This is a bar that on Sundays has an open Mic night and we hadn’t booked so it was standing room only.
    The place was full of ex-pats and quite a few of them were your typical English in the wifebeater shirts and there chest out but the band was great, everybody was nice and the beers were flowing and at €2 euro a pint they flowed fast and a lot.
    By 7pm we had all had a skinful and we headed back to the villa for a light tea of toasted sandwiches and then we sat outside watching the sunset before Ellie and Jean took up the tennis rackets and started killing the mosquitoes with a large crack from the charge.
    Then we went back to Wanda where the mosquitoes were also waiting to be electrocuted and we watched Dexter on DVD for an hour before turning in.
    Read more