Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 29

    Ericeira, the surfing capital of portuga

    October 31, 2021 in Portugal ⋅ 🌧 19 °C

    After moving Wanda late yesterday evening because of the noisy people Wanda got a real battering from the wind and rain and when we woke up our leisure battery power was minimal, although we had cained the power by watching dvds for 6 hours and Russ had a shower.
    We looked on park4night for a camp with a hook up and found one in the surfing capital of Portugal, Ericiera.
    We drove the 20 miles in the rain and wind and checked in. The lady at reception said we had the spot until 9pm the next day so that would give us plenty of time to charge the batteries.
    We found a spot in the camping car area and it was full of vanlifers and surfers so we parked at the end furthest from the toilets, hooked up and then waited for the rain to stop while we had a cup of tea.
    When the rain finally stopped just before midday we wandered down into the main town, it was obviously once a fishing village with tiny cobbled backroads and one way streets and in the centre there was a square surrounded by trees and the shops were set around that. It was a beautiful little town set out with cafes and surf shops and it reminded me of Cromer.
    After the walk we went back to Wanda, Ellie washed her hair and used the showers and then we watched the universe with Brian Cox and that sent us both to sleep.
    Then we walked down to the beach and climbed across the rocks to watch the surfers before finally coming back to Wanda and put on Dexter on DVD while we had the power to do so.
    For dinner we went to the local Pizzaria and ordered a smoky bacon pizza which was lovely and filled us both up.
    We had,had a very lazy day and it was well needed, we were both very relaxed and felt less rushed as the weather, and waiting to see the wolves tomorrow had forced us to slow down.
    We decided we would have a lazy morning tomorrow before heading to the wolf sanctuary tomorrow evening and then back to Mafra to sleep because after tomorrow we would be back on the road.
    Read more