Satellit
Vis på kort
  • Dag 48

    Trépail

    19. november 2023, Frankrig ⋅ ☁️ 13 °C

    We were both up at 6am today. For some reason I didn’t sleep that great, I was really hot and just kept tossing and turning.
    By 8am I was dressed and Ellie was in the shower doing her hair and once she was out and dressed, we had a quick cup of tea and then we were ready to hit the road.
    We had a mega drive ahead of us today. 208 miles in total and we left at 9am and TomTom said we wouldn’t arrive until 3:30pm. Of course our first port of call would be for LPG and I searched my app and found an E’ le’clerc filling station 30 miles away. I also found 3 more at the major town just before we got to our aire but I didn’t want to leave it that long ideally.
    Fortunately for us the Le’clerc station was a 24 hour garage and self service LPG and it had gas and we managed to fill up.
    I reset the sat nav and we had 188 miles left and after popping into Aldi bakery for some pastries we got back on the road.
    Cutting across France and Spain without using the toll roads is pretty easy. It’s long straight roads, just like America, until you come to a town or village. Then depending on the size of the town it depends on how many roundabouts are involved to get around it and then we are back up to 55mph.
    It was a pretty mundane journey and we didn’t stop at all, but we did have plenty of fun pointing out the buzzards and herons. France has a crazy amount of buzzards, they are almost on every other post when we’re driving.
    Finally at 4pm we got to our aire in the village of Trèpail. It’s a strange place to have an aire as there’s absolutely nothing here of any tourist value except a bakery and vineyards. Trèpail is deep in the heart of Champagne region and there’s 13 growers just in this one village and there’s Vineyards in all directions as far as the eye can see.
    Our air is beautiful once again. It’s a gravel purpose made car park and each bay is separated by wooden bollards forming 5 bays for motorhomes. We also have free water and a grey and black dump station.
    As we parked up there was a sign pointing out a pizza vending machine just 5 minutes walk away and after sorting Wanda out and having a cup of tea that’s where we went for dinner.
    It’s crazy that you can get a semi fresh cooked pizza out of a vending machine and this isn’t our first vended pizza. We had one a couple of years ago when Ben was with us. They are actually pretty good.
    The Pizzas took 5 minutes for both pizzas to be cooked and delivered out of the slot and then we walked back to Wanda. I quite like walking back to Wanda with pizza because by the time we get back it’s cool enough to eat.
    Once the pizzas were finished I put the hot water on and while that heated up we had a cup of tea. Then I had a shower and we both got our Pyjamas on and settled in for the night.
    Læs mere