Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Sapa

    November 10, 2022 in Vietnam ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    Sapa this lovely town in the northern mountains of Vietnam. After a not so comfy busride we arrived bit tired and after a short rest we went out for exploring the town. Spreading over the sides of the mountains and the neighbouring valley, it has a lot of steep streets which are covered with mayestic buildings from the french colonial time, unique built Homestays and eco lodges and of course plenty of restaurants and souvenir shops, all of them start shining with hundreds of lampions and and all sorts of LEDs at night time.
    While strolling around you will for sure meet the local women trying to sell their handicrafts. They come from sorounding villages where several ethnic minorities live with their own culture, tradition and language. If you don't wanna buy something, they will still invite you to their village and home to stay with them and get to know the different livestyles.
    I didn't took the chance for a villagestay but asked her if she knows a guide for the nearby Mount Fansipan (which was my main reason for Sapa) and luckily her brother was one. So we exchanged numbers. Ai (the womens name) pulled out her phone and showed me her whatsapp QR Code which baffeld me and with humble respect I scanned her code to check the details later the evening.
    Back at the hotel I got the confirmation for the next day and so I went to bed full of anticipation.
    Read more