Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Mount Fansipan - Summit

    November 12, 2022 in Vietnam ⋅ 🌙 11 °C

    With the flashlight just lightning up small areas, the whole beauty of this top of a mountain was still a surprise waiting for me after sunrise while I dragged myself up to the top over - guess - stairs again.
    The last steps when you see there is nothing more to come and when you finally made it...it's...you just have to do it yourself.
    Oh and not forget to mention the other feeling when you start looking around and the unshier beauty of mountainridges and peaks, overflown by a sea of clouds, unfolds all around you to the horizon and you just don't know where to look first.
    Luckily my guide and me were the first so we enjoyed this moment for almost half an hour until Jack, a super nice british guy from Singapore, arrived and we both standing there together just stunned and baffled.
    I set up my cam and we started making pictures... A lot.. Until the others arrived and the sunrise was close.
    The ten of us standing and waiting for the first sunrays.
    This magical moment when this shining ball slips over the horizon and starts covering everything with a shower of golden light, unveiling even more hidden wonders.
    Clouds slowly starting to melt under the warmth and power of the sun and you're just standing, smiling, soaking up as much as you can until you find the strength for a cut, to remember that you have to go down again.. All the way.. Now...
    Fansipan actually is quite perfect for this which doesn't make it easier, because after the summit and the sunrise you can start exploring the rest of the mountaintop with it's huge (at least for a mountaintop) monuments and temples.
    But pictures telling more than all the words not coming into my mind...
    This was one of the most spectacular summit experiences I was lucky to be allowed to have.
    Nothing can stay for ever, so after another half an hour or so strolling around, taking more pictures and our guides slowly starting walking ahead we had to go down again.
    All in one go with a short lunch break we went down and arrived back at the hotel 6 hours later.
    I thanked Mi Ching from all of my heart and he went off on his bike.
    Mount Fansipan - Check
    Read more