Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Ha Long Bay

    November 14, 2022 in Vietnam ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    A lot of islands and limestone rocks a bit similar to Puketh or Krabi in Thailand just way bigger. Besides of some small beaches hidden between the towering rocks and some caves to kayak through to discover more hidden bays, there are also the floating villages where they farm different seafoods.
    Our boat went off in the morning with a bunch of different and how we found out later some super nice people with really interesting stories to share. We were cruising around and had stops for swimming and kayaking. Everything in a big group around 30 people which I normally try to avoid while exploring scenic naturesites but with these people we had lot of fun and good talks.. And they weren't too noisy like some other partyboats we saw.
    Enjoying this beautiful trip while trying not to get burned to much wasn't easy and in the end didn't work out well... Was glowing like a crab in the evening.
    All in all absolutely worth the money and IMHO (and what I heard from others) enough to experience this unique part of the world. 3 days cruises would be a bit repeating and probably fits better for some romantic or luxury people.
    Read more