Satelliitti
Näytä kartalla
  • Päivä 8–9

    Phnom Penh

    27. joulukuuta 2023, Kambodza ⋅ ⛅ 32 °C

    Here we are in Cambodia, excited about the Fish Island festival in just a few days. I've been listening to the Cambodian Space Project on Spotify excessively, hoping that bass lines are getting into my head. It's certainly groovy.
    Cambodia already feels so different. The Thai public transport system was beyond impressive. There is no public transport in Cambodia other than a fledgling bus service. We arrived at the airport in Phnom Penh armed with the knowledge of the existence of the number 3 bus to get you downtown. The Tuk Tuk and taxi drivers feigned disbelief and shook their heads. We'd have to wait a long time and it was a bad idea. We did have to find our way out of the airport complex, which was a challenge but as we stood with the rabble of Tuk Tuk drivers, a brand new bus arrived. We felt victorious, the only savvy travellers Unsung the cheap bus....until we were dropped off at the end of the line... no where near where we were staying. Then, the endless calls from tuktuk drivers for our fare.
    We were staying in a hotel recommended by a local ex-pat musician. It turned out to be an area of bars, not so exciting. We had an African meal of all things and a good rest up ready for the community living on Fish Island.
    Cambodia is more basic than Thailand but more expensive. Peculiar....
    Lue lisää