Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Diego Riviera

    January 19, 2020 in Mexico ⋅ ☁️ 13 °C

    One of Diego Rivieras most famous Mural is Dream of a Sunday Afternoon in Alameda Park.
    He was a gifted painter and Muralist as you can see from the painting.
    The mural 15.6 meter wide, 4 meter high, weighs 35 tons!) represents three principal eras of Mexican History: The Conquest, The Porfiriato Dictatorship, and The Revolution of 1910. In chronological order starting from left to right we meet numerous prominent figures from Mexican history.
    Now Diego Riviera was also a Don Giovanni and Machista. The picture with the yellow lady and the open legs represents Diego’s opinion about woman. He thought that in order to obtain a hus-band, make start a business or succeed in live she had to open her legs....... No comment.
    The lady in yellow is a famous and wealthy singer at her time. Nonetheless the men in front of her won’t let her pass because she is indigenous.
    At the very left you see Hernandez Cortes, the Spanish conqueror who landed in Veracruz, Mexico in the 1400. The blood on his hand symbolizes the pain and horror he brought the Mesoamerica. Little up and right the symbolization of the Inquisition Cortes also brought the continent (only to be seen in the movieclip.
    A side note; Riviera did not include his long term affair Frida Kalo in the Mural. She got offended and demanded that he would. He did!
    Posted movieclip on facebook.

    Covered 10.4 km
    Read more