Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    To make good laugh tell him your plans

    February 2, 2020 in Mexico ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    Got up on Sunday and decided to see two museums. One makes plan to have a plan - but then goes with the flow!
    In plaza grande was fiesta, market and dancing competition. Who can resist that.
    Igor (Mexican form Merida, artist) texted me with interesting information and after a really interesting chat Maxime (Switzerland, Sion) asked the hang out. Waiting for him I met Milena again so we had dinner together. (Video)
    Super Sunday.

    So I met with Igor and Hector (architect, professor and sponsor of Arts and social projects).
    Hector stated the Arts in Merida and Yucatan have not much chance to be sold on the European market. He wants to change that. The project was to build an art school in Merida. He will have Art teacher in their respective field from all over the word come teach for a semester. Next semester new teacher. They also will have a gallery to sell. The teachers will be responsible to present one Art peace of every student. The teachers, not the student! Interesting concept! The school opens the on March first!
    He linked this project to another one below.

    There is Alberto who in the wake of his divorce was accused of a crime (he did not specify). Alberto spent 16 years in jail, wrote two books and plans now to make a movie about the conditions of women with their children in prison.
    Hector plans to bring Art to the women in jail - he will have art teaching classes and sponsor materials to keep them somehow occupied.
    The movie directors and the Art teacher will be from the school.
    Hector works with Igor. Igor is from Merida, studied Art and graduated in NewYork.
    Igor is Hector’s adviser when it comes to Art.

    This is just the summary of a 3 hours conversation. They also spoke about the segregation of the Mayas. The racism from white Oligarch government seems to be pretty bad.
    They also spoke how the mixed individuals,meaning one parent white/one parent from Mexico in the sense of Mesoamerica and all that is in between, are in search for their identities.
    Like today’s black Americans who are in search of their identities.
    And a lot more. I learned so much!

    Hector is one networking/finding sponsor genius.
    Read more