Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 73

    Relax and "big spectacle"

    August 10, 2020 in Bulgaria ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    This morning, we got up early as usual and brushed our teeth. Then we decided to go back to bed (= tent) and have a very easy day at this beautiful quiet oasis. So we relaxed in the hammock which fit both of us.
    Around noon, we wanted to go for a walk in the forest. But after 30 minutes, we went back to our camp as it was too hot to move.
    In the afternoon, we called Joro. Joro is a local who we talked to at the campground last night. He invited us over to a bbq, so we cycled those 3km to the next village. We had a fun night over great food, local drinks and great conversations in a mix of German, French and Bulgarian. Joro is an artist and the director as well as one of the actors of the Vidin puppet theatre. When he tells us stories about his work or travels, everything is always a "big spectacle". He introduced us to the Bulgarian lifestyle: eat, drink, love. We had high quality "Rakia" as an aperitivo and a 5 year old brandy with chocolate icecream for dessert. His house is more of a museum than a living space, full of antique furniture and especially old retro longplays and tape recorders. Joro loves music and played "Lily Marleen" and some other songs on the accordion. Travelling is never boring!
    Read more