Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 107

    Historical sights - more old stones

    September 13, 2020 in Turkey ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    Our day started with a climb towards Söke. In one of the villages, we saw a family baking bread in a stone oven, so we bought one for our breakfast at a gas station in Söke. Here, we also met Ayhan who had helped us to get in touch with Mustafa the night before. He and his friend Attila went on a bike ride that day and we cycled together for a few kilometers. As we also met a couple of Turkish cyclists, we biked in a group of 6 people for a short time.
    Then we all split. Our route went passed two historical sites. First, we visited the ancient city of Priene. Afterwards, we admired the impressive size of the theatre of Miletos.
    Our destination was Didim where we were going to stay with our host Serkan. Before going to his place, we stopped at a beach at a piknik area. Our table neighbours shared their melon and Börek with us. Obviously, we looked hungry.
    At Serkan's home, we got an odd task at first: His mum is a bit of a messy and had collected A LOT OF stuff over the years. Now, he wanted to reorganize the kitchen and make it very simple and we helped him with this. I guess he didn't knew that we are very pracmatic and are used to a simple life style. So basically, we through out hundreds of old cups and plates and whatever we found unnecessary in the cupboards and only kept a set of each type. Later, Serkan took us to a couple of beaches to swim and watch the sunset before we had a great dinner at a small local place in the market.
    Read more