Satellit
Vis på kort
  • Dag 128

    Walk the dogs

    4. oktober 2020, Tyrkiet ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    This morning, we had some super nice dog company. "Forest" and "Gumpy", how we called them, saw us when we turned back onto the road after leaving our camp. And then they followed us as long as they could. The first 20km, we had to cycle up a pass - again we passed an elevation of 2000m. As we went slowly, the two dogs could easily run next to the bicycles. On the short downhills, they ran as fast as they could and didn't give up until they caught us again. We were really surprised! They even defended us against a couple of other dogs that came running and barking towards us.
    At the top of the pass, we stopped for a second breakfast and the stunning views and dried our tent. Of course, we shared our food and water with our faithful new friends.
    However, the rest of our cycling day was downhill, so we had to say goodbye to the two dogs. They couldn't follow us going down with 65km/h. But we are sure, they'll have a good life and get by well.
    On the way down, we stopped at a little shop in a mosque to have a cold drink. The owner saw us eating our bread. However, in Turkey it seems you don't eat just bread, so he brought us some olives and tomatoes to eat with it. How nice!
    When we got to Torul, we were going to meet our warmshowers host Hamdi. While we were waiting, gentleman invited us to some tea. We spent the rest of the day with Hamdi who took care of us very well. First, we walked up to a viewing platform where we had a panoramic view over Torul and the valley and some coffee. Then, we went to a local restaurant in the centre of the village before finishing the night with some tea and melon in his apartment over very interesting conversations.
    Læs mere