Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Albufeira - Sunday Sunset

    October 11, 2020 in Portugal ⋅ 19 °C

    Sunday evening we had a lovely sunset in Plaia do Castelo. We brought a bottle of muscato with us, along with glasses and some chips. We put it in the shadow the whole afternoon so the bottle was perfectly cold. At 18:58 exactly the sun was beautifully setting in the ocean. 19:03 it was already done and the sun was gone. It’s amazing how quick the sun sets. Suddenly everything turns dark and cold. Time to go home, change and get ready for our cocktails and restaurant !

    In the evening we first had dinner in the restaurant Falésia of a hotel. We were sitting inside, but apparently the view outside was amazing too (if we believe tripadvisor - because of Covid we didn’t want to walk around too much). We had bruschetta’s with ham, followed by lobster ravioli and tuna for Cams and myself, respectively. Ofcourse a bottle of sparkling white sangria again ! This was one of the best ones !! Can you believe a tuna dish here only costs €19 and sangria bottle also €19? So finally for again €35 we had our qualitative dinner evening ! Back home with sing-along songs in the car. Cams played some old classics. So lovely !

    Saturday we didn’t have a sunset on the beach, because we wanted to leave the apartment earlier for drinks in Vila Vita Spa & Resort. It was an evening with live music, so we enjoyed our gin-tonic and truffle salami with some good music. Later we went for dinner in the restaurant O Marinheiro. This time cams had meat and I had the salmon. Satisfied and to bed at 11pm already. Lovely.
    Read more